Jul. 30, 2010 at 12:43pm
I've been so busy working that I haven't been updating my blog here as much as I used to. I thought it was high time I give an update! So here's what I've been up to:
1) I'm finishing up two websites at the moment. One is for the 6th Avenue Business District and the other is for World Affairs Council Tacoma.
2) I recently created logo's for Peloton Development, Linda Danforth Designs and ElectraSpa Boutique. Logo's are my favorite!
3) I'm organizing and producing the Radio8Ball Tacoma show which will take place at Speakeasy Arts Cooperative on August 8th. This show will be filmed and aired in 30 minute segments on the GoLocal OnDemand Channel on Click Cable TV. I have the opportunity to feature several local businesses so I'm trying to get the word out about product placement sponsorships. If you might be interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets to attend the event are just $5.00 and its a lot of fun. You should come! For more information, go to the Speakeasy website.
4) We're gearing up for the August ART BUS and we're very excited about it because not only do we have a bunch of brand new galleries to showcase but we also have a special guest host! Patricia Lecy-Davis will be our tour guide du jour! ART BUS rider buttons are $10 and you can board the bus at any of the participating galleries. Tour begins at Speakeasy. See website for details.
5) I'm still managing the day-to-day operations at Speakeasy Arts Cooperative. The gallery is open 11 am to 6 pm Thursday - Monday. Every month on the 15th we rearrange the gallery and display new work by our members. For more information about Speakeasy and all the spectacular events we have going on, please visit http://www.speakeasyartscooperative.com. We still have room for a few more artists so if you know someone who would like to be a part of our co-op please send them to our website where they can download an application.
6) I just finished producing the TacomaCentric section of Freedom Fair and I was really proud to present so many artists, small businesses and terrific local bands!
7) I also was a volunteer with BCRA for Zoobilee at Point Defiance Zoo. A crew of Speakeasy members and I, along with my pal Linda Danforth, had a great night helping to raise money for the zoo. Linda and I were one of the teams who sold raffle tickets that night and I'm happy to report that we outsold all the other teams raising over $1000! We had so much fun!
There's probably a lot more I could tell you but unfortunately I need to get back to work! I hope you're enjoying the sunshine and I hope to see you at Radio8Ball or ART BUS in August!
comments  | posted under , art, events, music, projects, TacomaComments
by fredo on 7/31/2010 @ 8:06am
|can you post the logos you've designed?|
by AngelaJossy on 7/31/2010 @ 11:31am
|Are you on Facebook? I posted them there in a little portfolio of graphics. Here's a link: |
Page 3 is the most recent stuff.