Sep. 30, 2009 at 2:45pm
The rules are - there ain't no rules! But its better for all involved if the door is attractive enough to attract a buyer.
Door can be any size, any shape or any material. It can be a pocket door, a screen door, a cabinet door, a car door, an airplane door - if its a door then it qualifies.
Does it have to be usable as a door? No. In order for the buyer to use it as a door, your door would have to meet the measurements of the door jam they intend to install it. We will ask you to measure your door and label it just in case someone is looking for dimensions but last year my impression was that people just bought the door they liked and leaned it against a wall in their homes as if it were a giant painting.
Other ideas you could use:
* Get two or three doors and connect them by their hinges to make a cool room divider
* Get a solid flat door, add legs to it and make it into a desk or table
* Take two doors and connect them at the top like a giant sandwich board
* Add shallow shelves to the door for storage of tiny knick-knacks (like Monkey tiles for example!)
* Add a poster size picture frame so teenage idol of the week can be slid in from the top
* Did I get your imagination rolling? Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
DEADLINE: OCT. 23
PARTY: OCT 24 8 pm
This is a benefit for TACOMA ART PLACE.
Don't have a door to embellish? Get your free door from one of our sponsors: The Reharvest Center: 1113 St. Paul Ave. Tacoma WA
Deliver it to Speakeasy Arts Cooperative: 746 Broadway on Oct. 23
If you intend to submit a door for this event please email at Greenlight748@live.com to let us know.
comments  | posted under , art, benefit, fundraiser, TacomaComments
by L.S.Erhardt on 9/30/2009 @ 8:05pm
|ooohhhh.... count me in!
I used to work at a door factory. I got access and door skillz like you can't even comprehend.