Mar. 21, 2008 at 12:29am
Hopefully, the weather will better today than last week. According to the latest
weather report, there is 40 percent chance of rain at noon. On the positive sign, that's a 60 percent change of no rain!
See everyone there rain or shine.
Frost Park Event
Noon on Fridays at
Commerce and 9th Street
comments  | posted under tacomaComments
by izenmania on 3/21/2008 @ 1:36am
|At this point I think it's Re-re-re-re-taking Frost Park.|
by KevinFreitas on 3/21/2008 @ 6:51am
|Nice izenmania. My wife and I will be there and I may be dawning some better rain gear to boot. Cheers!|
by jenyum on 3/21/2008 @ 7:42am
|I will be there with littlest, and Charlotte Valbert is supposed to meet us there, as well.|
by droid116 on 3/21/2008 @ 9:38am
|I am going to challenge the rain, but I am unable to attend due to schedule conflicts.
Therefore I will engage in my taking back a little early around 10:00 and enjoy a cup of coffee and the morning air before heading up to Seattle.
I will place a small origami turtle made with special paper in the park. If you find it, soggy or not, you may keep it or exchange it for six more in a framed shadow box.
by Erik on 3/21/2008 @ 9:52am
|Its 9:52 a.m. and currently sunny downtown.|
by KevinFreitas on 3/21/2008 @ 9:53am
|Wow, very cool. Thanks droid!
Radar is pretty clear of any large bands of rain right now so we may just have a nice one on our hands. Nevertheless, my umbrella will be on-hand.
by ensie on 3/21/2008 @ 9:54am
|Frinklin and I will be there.
If it rains - hey - that's what umbrellas are for. Although it's gorgeous out right now.
by izenmania on 3/21/2008 @ 10:25am
|if this morning is any indication today our battle may be against wind.
Next week we'll get hailed upon, and come April lightning will just start striking the parking structure.
by Erik on 3/21/2008 @ 11:46am
|It's sunny now.|
by cassioposa on 3/21/2008 @ 12:51pm
|The crowd was great today! I enjoyed hanging out and meeting some new folks. Bummed I had to leave early. |
Oh, and MUCH better weather, too!
by NineInchNachos on 3/21/2008 @ 1:18pm
|sorry I missed it. Lousy bowling ball design meeting ran into lunch hour.|
by wheels on 3/21/2008 @ 1:19pm
|Great meeting so many of you. Cool to put faces to names and names to faces.|
by Erik on 3/21/2008 @ 1:23pm
The crowd was great today! I enjoyed hanging out and meeting some new folks. Bummed I had to leave early.
Alot of new people. I would estimate the total number of who stopped by for at least while to be around 40.
sorry I missed it. bowling ball design meeting ran into lunch hour.
RR: Ryan from RGC was there to meet with you and you disappointed him with a no show.
by NineInchNachos on 3/21/2008 @ 1:26pm
|I'll make it up to them. I promise! |
next Friday sirs?
by droid116 on 3/21/2008 @ 7:39pm
|Did anyone find the turtle? Enjoyed my coffee there at least in the morning sun. Sadly, there was a lot of trash around the fountain.
If I make it to a lunch get together there sometime I may have to bring a plastic sack to gather some of it up.
by tacomachickadee on 3/21/2008 @ 8:10pm
|Droid: I have to admit, I, for one, did not look. My brother showed up and surprised me, and many, many new folk showed up, so was caught in conversation. I meant to ... but figured I showed up a bit late and it was already found. Forgot to ask. I really LOVE the concept of such though! See you in the future! :)|
by morgan on 3/21/2008 @ 9:52pm
|A little freezing, but great turn out! We need name tags next time- it's fun matching screen names to faces. I wish I had a screen name... gotta get me one. I was bummed there were no pink cookies though. I have yet to see them and doubt their existence.
I can't find my previous post on FeedTacoma where I posed the question of what to do about Frost Park - how to make it more usable - and so am posting it in the exit133 Get Involved forum under "Visualize downtown."
by Erik on 3/21/2008 @ 10:03pm
|I wish I had a screen name... gotta get me one|
How about "Mr. Streetcar"?
by KevinFreitas on 3/21/2008 @ 10:06pm
|Though I had to dash for a meeting in the middle of lunch, it was great to see and meet so many great people. Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you again next Friday at the same time.
Did anyone find the turtle?
Sarah and I were on the scene early and took a look around. Sadly we found nothing of the sort. :(
Morgan: I visualize having some anti-sleep benches here and there to avoid having to sit on the cement. Maybe even a couple on the staircase itself to break it up from being a place people pass through to more of a place for people to relax and enjoy. I'd also drop some chlorine or something into that found to clean it up a bit -- that or skim it for guck a little more often. Oh, and make sure the electrical outlets in the park are secured and/or turned off when they're not needed for official use.
Any other suggestions?
by Erik on 3/21/2008 @ 10:16pm
|Any other suggestions?|
How about Puget Sound Pizza delivery next time?
I believe they deliver during the lunch hour. People could still make their own orders so it does not need to be coordinated in mass.
by izenmania on 3/21/2008 @ 11:52pm
|they do... I know this because Jim told me he drove by and saw me and my dad that first time while he was out delivering.|
A ongoing conversation to make Tacoma a better to live and work through better urban design.
See my downtown Tacoma and neighborhood pictures of coffee, food, people, art, urban blight and Frost Park Chalk Off events.
Watch Mayor Marilyn Strickland deliver Tacoma's first State of the City Address.