Jun. 3, 2008 at 4:21pm
At least that's how long you have to make your movie this time around. The Grand is again calling for local filmmakers to submit work. It's for an October showcase during the Tacoma Film Festival. Deadline is August 4 so get those cameras charged and start filming! Only about 18 films will be screened so use your 62 days wisely.
Here's are the deets received via email:
Building off the success of the 72-Hour Film Competition, the non-profit Grand Cinema is creating another opportunity expressly for regional filmmakers. During the Tacoma Film Festival in early October, we will feature approximately 90 minutes of local short films in a Local Filmmaker Showcase. Unlike the 72-Hour Film Competition, there are no restrictions on what kind of film you make. Any topic or genre is fair game as long as the final product is suitable for broad viewing (let's call it PG-13).
Here are the general rules:
- Films must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Films should be submitted only on DVD.
- Films should have about 10-15 seconds of blank black screen at the beginning of the DVD prior to the start of the film.
- Final films must be accompanied by a $15 entry fee.
- Films are not guaranteed to be shown in the Tacoma Film Festival. We seek to fill about 90 minutes of time so the best 18 (approximately) movies will be screened together in the festival.
- Filmmakers who have their movies selected for the festival will receive two complimentary tickets to the movie screening in the film festival.
- Films are due at the Grand Cinema no later than Monday, August 4, 2008.
- DO NOT create your entry through our website via withoutabox.com unless it is a longer film entry not part of this particular competition. Simply bring the DVD and $15 to the Grand's lobby.
- Submitted films should be accompanied by your complete contact information: name, address, phone number and email address.
- Entries are limited to filmmakers from Washington.
The host organization for the Tacoma Film Festival is the non-profit Grand Cinema. The Tacoma Film Festival takes place at various venues October 2-9 in Tacoma. In addition to the Grand Cinema, past festival films have screened at Tacoma Art Museum, UW Tacoma, School of the Arts and Stadium High School.
For additional information, please contact the Grand Cinema at 253-572-6062 or email@example.com. Our mailing address is 606 S. Fawcett, Tacoma, WA 98406.
comments  | posted under film, grand cinema, tacoma, tacoma film festivalComments
by Erik on 6/3/2008 @ 4:27pm
|I wonder if Adam can submit his 72 hour film here?|
by izenmania on 6/3/2008 @ 4:37pm
|Sounds like fun. I'd love to do it as long as nobody minds that I'm unavailable almost all weekends in June and July because I'm working on yet ANOTHER movie...|
Erik, I'm sure that he could, but, while we all enjoyed the piece, I'm also fairly certain that Adam could make something far better with such an extended timeline.
Although I have another home on the web I thought it might be nice to lead by example a bit and put this blog system up to the test myself.
So far, so good... Funny how I build web tools for other people that are far better than the one's I have setup over on KFnet.
Hey Clear Channel, Clean Up Your Crap!