Jan. 3, 2008 at 11:42am
Reposted for the Benefit of All...
Looks like it is time for a little refresher about the do’s and don’ts of the Listserv… Please take a minute to read the following information. Remember, the listserv is set up as a community resource and its existence is hinged on everyone’s proper use of the system. The City can, and will, at any time shut down the Listserv if it is being misused.
The purpose of the Listserv is to:
- Post information about arts related events, exhibits, and happenings
- Post opportunities related to the arts and/or opportunities beneficial to
artists (i.e. calls to artists, art supply sales, appropriate artist studio
- Ask questions/request information directly related to the arts. Please note: responses must come directly back to you this is not meant to open up discussion. If others are interested in replies, the person requesting information can ‘digest the answers’ and share them with the group.
It is NOT the purpose of this Listserv to:
- Discuss or critique postings with the entire listserv
- Establish an open dialogue of topics (there are several blogs in town that
serve this purpose successfully)
- Post your artwork/photographs
Misuse of the Listserv:
Subscribers who misuse the listserv may be removed temporarily or blocked permanently at the discretion of the list manager.
Misuse may take many forms including but is not limited to:
- posting off-topic messages
- using abusive language
- violating city, state, county or federal law
- use of system to support or oppose a political candidacy or ballot initiative
This listserv is maintained by the City of
The City of
To post a message, send it to TacomaArt@cityoftacoma.org. It will automatically be sent to everyone on the list.
Attachments must be no larger than 500KB. Due to the automated nature of this listserv, any attachments larger than this will not be posted and may result in blocking the entire message. Where possible please include web address links to share posted information.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing:
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the Listserv, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with either 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the subject line. Do not include any other text or automatic signature in the subject line or body of the message.
This is an automated system. You must follow these directions exactly or your subscription will not work. Once you are subscribed you will receive an automated confirmation. Please note: by subscribing to this listserv, your e-mail address is considered public information and can be shared, upon request, under the Public Disclosure Act.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Political Cartoonist
BUY NOW: TACOMIC SURPLUS!
TIP LINE: email me, TWITTER OR CALL (253) 778-6786
RR Anderson is one of the most curious characters in the UFO lore and the history of underground cartooning. He fought bizarre underground beings in the caves of Alaska, was wounded by a laser before it was invented, and had a background with the clandestine branch of the Tacoma Cartoonists Society.
For seekers unafraid to be discernibly turgid in a time of drastic change, we recommend:
CARTOON ARTIST RESUME
find me on Facebook
CENTRAL TACOMA FREE-RADICAL MEDIA EXCHANGE
FROST PARK CHALK OFF
Holistic Forge Works
C.L.A.W. | SECRET CITY FEED TACOMA COMICS PAGE
"may the great winged turtle flap her wind upon us all" ~ Dr. FA Neekburn, 1889