Mar. 20, 2008 at 6:08pm
First Ever Intertubes Streaming!Every 200 years silver-haired lumpy white folk gather to discuss international commerce type things relating to the mighty Port of Tacoma which has yet to be absorbed by the nefarious forces of Seattle (those backstabbing cowards).
Old White People!!!1!
"Ethics violations? What Ethics Violations?"
IN UR Portz Protectn Ur zEnvironments Lady
Pee-Wee Herman Impersonator Gives Thanks
Special Thanks...note: "Dorcas Nepple" and "Judi Doremus" are obvious pseudonyms. Nice try Port of Tacoma.
Wii Lovez Pwr Point:
Fair and Balanced Commentary:not as exciting as a Tacoma City Council Meeting. We'll see how it goes IN THE FUTURE.
MEANWHILE CAREER TIPS:
* When I achieve career success I will feel… (fill in the blank; it will help you see what you are pursuing)
* When my career is successful I will have...
* When my career is successful I will be...
* I chose my career because...
* My core values or goals that I will not compromise are…
* How are those values different from others around me?
* Is my career (or a particular career decision) in line with my core values? Why or why not? If not, can I change some aspect to make it a better fit for my values?
* What personal expectations led me to choose my career (or led me to make a specific career decision)? Do those expectations make sense today?
* What social and family expectations led me to choose my career (or to make a specific career decision)? Do those expectations make sense to me now?
* How will my career goals mesh with my personal or family goals?
comments  | posted under allstars, media, meeting, port, tacoma, TeeVee, TVComments
by izenmania on 3/20/2008 @ 6:12pm
|The goal of Local Control is "Continued local control"? Hm... interesting twist!|
by fredo on 3/20/2008 @ 6:43pm
|If these meetings are going to be televised maybe the Tacoma City Council could give cab fare to the lonely guy from University Place so he could attend.|
by Erik on 3/20/2008 @ 7:36pm
|This is pretty impressive piece of civic work here RR. This is the first Port of Tacoma video I have seen. I never even knew what the place looked like.|
The power point slide you post is pretty descriptive. It indicates that the Port of Tacoma plans on resisting the flailing Port of Seattle effort to merge with the Port of Tacoma.
At least the Port of Tacoma is trying to stand up for itself.
by NineInchNachos on 3/20/2008 @ 8:51pm
|A lonely man from University place attending a port meeting? Now that's crazy!
I had to hack the port of tacoma page to find the streaming video feed to pipe in my opensource player.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Political Cartoonist
BUY NOW: TACOMIC SURPLUS!
TIP LINE: email me, TWITTER OR CALL (253) 778-6786
RR Anderson is one of the most curious characters in the UFO lore and the history of underground cartooning. He fought bizarre underground beings in the caves of Alaska, was wounded by a laser before it was invented, and had a background with the clandestine branch of the Tacoma Cartoonists Society.
For seekers unafraid to be discernibly turgid in a time of drastic change, we recommend:
CARTOON ARTIST RESUME
find me on Facebook
CENTRAL TACOMA FREE-RADICAL MEDIA EXCHANGE
FROST PARK CHALK OFF
Holistic Forge Works
C.L.A.W. | SECRET CITY FEED TACOMA COMICS PAGE
"may the great winged turtle flap her wind upon us all" ~ Dr. FA Neekburn, 1889