Mar. 2, 2008 at 11:24am
(and so many do-s to do!)
So, interestingly, the thinks I was thinking have all flown away, intrigued by the concept of fresh air and an open slider door.
1. thinking about yesterday. Great conversations with great people at the Helm, great wine and conversation with S DeR. Great day, all around, except the part about not showering and feeling grotty as hell in my coconut body butter natural-scent cover-up. Esp after my little pepe le peu rant. --and then, feeling really dense and duhhrrrr, showing up for what I thought was the 1 year Tacomic thing, finding out it was the Juried art show. Ooops. This, from a girl who's supposed to be in the know about matters such as these. (oops. ain't never said I was perfect.)
2. Thinking about working out, but when? where? I want to run, outside, and savor this tangible Northwest gorgeousness, and yet, babysitting courtesy of mate can't happen, not with The Man at Battle Assembly (gah, can't they call their little monthly meetings something else? Something peaceful and organic? Maybe, "men's day of thinking about sand while wearing really interesting, uniform fashions"? Or something? )
3. Thinking about info, and typos. I'm going, with The Kid, to the Wayzgoose. Noted--and won't link, since I'm just thinking, not trying to point out embarrassing things in such a way that will make others self conscious-- that there was use of the term "everyday" when it should have been "every day", in one item I read; noted, too, that an org put out info about the SPIT-ing contest (Smartest Person in Tacoma-- this bad boy, I'll link, in my lame-oh way: http://www.kingsbookstore.com/events.html#smarty -- only, they said it was sponsored by a certain bar we all love. I believe that would have been correctly stated, CO-sponsored. But, whatever. In the end, info is disseminated and the world is a happy place, for it is March.
4. Thinking, about dogs, running, happy, from window to yard, yard to couch, couch to window, window to yard. Thinking about the dirty-ass couch I just attempted to ghetto-upholster, which is re-dirty-assed. Thinking about kid downstairs, on the computer reading Green Eggs and Ham. Should be a grand moment between mom and kid, only I'm too busy thinking the banal and tapping it out for all (or one or two) to see.
5. Thinking about being a productive member of this household, putting away some dishes, parenting my child, and having a Grand Day Out. (I heart Wallace and Gromit, by the way.)
comments  | posted under random thoughts, sunny days, TacomaComments
by jenyum on 3/2/2008 @ 11:49am
|Perhaps we will see you at the Wayzgoose. Kids were not too sure about it but then I mentioned the King's Books cats. (Sorry, cats!)|
by jcbetty on 3/2/2008 @ 12:21pm
by intacoma on 3/2/2008 @ 3:27pm
|was pretty cool, stopped by really a great event|
by jcbetty on 3/2/2008 @ 6:54pm
|mmmm, lovely-cool!! --sorry I missed you!|
musing her way through arts, culture, dining, shopping, exercising, and parenting, all while wearing a pungent, truffle-like aroma.